Native American Gatherings in
The Hunting Ground Area
POWWOWS / GATHERINGS / FESTIVALS
SCHEDULE FOR 2021
LISTINGS FOR KENTUCKY, INDIANA, OHIO,
TENNESSEE, NORTH CAROLINA
PLEASE CHECK FOR MORE DETAILS AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE
POWWOW, NATIVE AMERICAN FESTIVAL AND GATHERING ETIQUETTE
1. Please stand and remove your hat whenever the Honor Guard Flags is brought into or taken from the Arena, and at all times when instructed by the Master of Ceremonies.
2. Please feel free to join in the Intertribal Dancing.
Listen carefully to the Master of Ceremonies.
He will tell you when visitors are permitted to enter the Arena and join the dancing.
At all other times, please respect the sacredness of the Arena by not entering it.
1. Please do not randomly walk, run, or play in the Dancer's Arena.
2. Please do not point with a finger, particularly the index finger, to an individual,
as it is impolite.
It is best to indicate a person by pointing with the eyes or a head nod.
3. Please do not touch any feather that has fallen to the ground.
Guard it and notify a festival official.
This is because a ceremony must be performed to recover the fallen feather.
THIS CEREMONY MUST NOT BE PHOTOGRAPHED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
4. Please do not touch any of the regalia of the dancers.
Regalia are any clothing, jewelry, or other ornamental articles worn by the dancers. Many of these are fragile and some are very old and have been handed down
5. Please do not tape songs, unless the head singer of a Drum gives permission.
Even if permission has been granted, the Master of Ceremonies may request that specific songs not be recorded.
6. Please do not take a photograph of or videotape any individual inside or outside of
the Arena without first getting permission from that person.
Obtaining a person's permission is a respectful recognition of that person's dignity.
7. ALCOHOL, DRUGS AND FIREARMS ARE NOT ALLOWED AT POWWOWS, FESTIVALS OR GATHERINGS. VIOLATORS WILL BE REMOVED.
For listings of meetings,
seminars, dinners and other events that are not
gatherings that had been listed on this page, please check our
Meetings & Other Events page for the current on going events.
To view this page, just click on
the brown button that says
Meeting & Other Events located under the green
Pauwau Schedule button.